1. Assistant Professor at Department of Design at Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad from December 2013 to till date.
2. Visiting Researcher at Mechanical Engineering Department, Politecnico di Milano, Italy, from May 2014 to July 2014
3. Assistant Professor at Department of Design at Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati from June 2013 to December 2013
4. Project Associate at Indian Institute at Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore from August 2012 to May 2013
1. Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) from Centre for Product Design and Manufacturing, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, INDIA, in the year 2013
2. Master of Technology (M.Tech.) in Product Design and Manufacturing form Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgaum, INDIA, in the year 2006.
3. Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.) in Mechanical Engineering from Karnatak University, Dharwad, INDIA, in the year 2001.
. Development of desktop based virtual environment for 3D sketching
. Development of sketching application for Touch Screen Tablets
. Development and implementation of perceptual and Hierarchical sketch segmentation algorithms for higher dimensional product sketches
. Development of sketch enabled collaborative conceptual design system
. Heand Mounted Display devices evaluation for their effectiveness for realistic 3D immersion experiences for 3D sketching.
. Electromagnetic tracker based anthropometric measurements for assembly evaluation
. Exposure to working with devices like Phantom Haptic devices, Immerson's Cyber Gloves, Cyber Touch and Cyber Force, e-MAgin and NVIS HMDs, Wacom Tablets, Polhemus electromagnetic trackers Range scanners, data gloves and eye trackers.
1. Prasad S. Onkar and Dibakar Sen, "Functional Segmentation of strokes for Product Sketch Understanding", International Journal of Shape Modeling, issue 1&2, vol.16, pp 9-38, 2010. URL: http://www.worldscientific.com/doi/abs/10.1142/S0218654310001262
2. Prasad S. Onkar and Dibakar Sen, "Direct 3D Sketching with Haptic and MotionConstraints", International Journal of Computer Aided Engineering and Technology, Volume 8, No. 1/2, pp 33-55, 2016
3. Prasad S. Onkar and Dibakar Sen, "Behaviour Simulation in Computer Aided Product Concept Sketching", CIRP Journal of Manufacturing Science and Technology. (Accepted, under revision) 2013
1. Semantics-aware support for Computer Aided Conceptual Design of Mechanical systems, Design Semantics -2014, Bari, Italy, 2014.
2. Prasad S. Onkar and Dibakar Sen, "Issues in sketch based collaborative conceptual design", International Conference on Research into Design (ICoRD'13), Chennai, 2013.
3. Prasad S. Onkar and Dibakar Sen, "Constrained 3D Sketching with Haptics and Active Motion Annotation" TMCE2012, Karlsruhe, Germany, 2012
4. Prasad S. Onkar and Dibakar Sen, "Behaviour simulation in computer aided product concept sketching", CIRP Design, Bangalore 2012. (Received most distinguished paper award)
5. S. Moya, D. Sen, A. Dawari and P.S. Onkar, "Mapping Joint ROM on a Cube Using Electromagnetic Trackers", 1st International Conference on Digital Human Modeling, Lyon, France, 2011.
6. Prasad S. Onkar and Dibakar Sen, "Functional Segmentation of strokes for Product Sketch Understanding" TMCE2010, Ancona, Italy, 2010 (Nominated for best paper award)
7. Prasad S. Onkar and Dibakar Sen, "A Review of Product Sketching in Early Phases of Design", International Conference on Research into Design (ICoRD'09), Bangalore, 2009.
8. Prasad S. Onkar and S.C.Pilli, "DFA Analysis of Industrial Washing Machine: a case study" Engineering Design India 2007 International Conference, Bangalore, 2007.
1.Fabin Rasheed, Prasad Onkar, and Marisha Narula. 2015. Immersive virtual reality to enhance the spatial awareness of students. In Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on HCI, IndiaHCI 2015 (IndiaHCI'15). ACM, NY, USA, 154-160. DOI=http://dx.doi.org/10.1145/2835966.2836288
2. Prasad S. Onkar, "A review of world-class manufacturing methods", national
conference on Modern Trends in Management", Belgaum, 2004
Awards and Recognitions
1. MAA Communications Medal (Best Thesis Award) for Ph.D. thesis at Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, 2016
2. European Union's Erasmus Mundus programme HERITAGE Fellowship, 2013
3. Most Distinguished paper award, 22nd CIRP Design Conference, 2012
4. Nominated for Best paper Award, 8th Symposium on Tools and Methods for Competitive Engineering (TMCE), 2010
Dr. Prasad S. Onkar
Department of Design
Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad
Kandi - 502285