Masters in Design(MDes)- Visual Design
M.Des. is a two year full time Programme which aims to provide broad-based understanding of design along with student-driven specialization in varied
domains like visual communication, moving images, interaction design and photography.
The candidates should have a valid CEED score and a minimum of 55% marks (50% marks in case of SC/ST) or equivalent grades in the qualifying examination, which are:
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering / Architecture / Design/ Interior Design or equivalent (4 years duration after 10+2)
• Professional Diploma in Design (NID/CEPT or equivalent of 4 years
duration after 10+2)
• B.F.A. (4 year professional programme, after 10+2)
• G.D. Art (5 year programme after 10th) with one year post qualification,
professional experience Master’s degree in Arts / Science / Computer
Applications (2 year programme after 10+2+3)
The selection is based on a Design Aptitude Test and the shortlisted candidates will have to appear for personal interview.
PhD in Design
Ph.D. in Design (Full time / Part time) provides a platform to pursue practice based and practice led research in art, design, culture, creative practices and related areas.
M.Des. / M.Arch. / M.Tech. / M.Phil. / MFA / M.A / M.Sc / Postgraduate Diploma in Design of NID, Ahmedabad and equivalent.
For general category students and/or for students where no concession in academic performance is called for, eligibility requires meeting ANY ONE of the following criteria as regards performance in the qualifying degree:
(1) A minimum of 60 percent marks (55% marks for SC/ST) in the final academic year of the programme
(Candidates with MA/MSc should have qualified CEED/GATE/NET or equivalent examinations to be eligible for Teaching Assistance)
• Design Theory and Methodoligies
• Computer Aided Design
• Human Computer Interaction
• Virtual Reality and Haptics
• Architectural Design
All candidates are required to upload one zip file containing the following:
(a) PhD proposal
(b) portfolio of work and/ or publications
(c) copies of certificates